What is bad beat in poker? What does bad beat mean in poker? A bad beat occurs when an online poker hand, or not, has less chance of victory, ends up being the winner.
Undoubtedly, no one likes to suffer one on their skin, in addition, memory in this regard is very selective and only crushes us with what we receive, forgetting a little about what we can inflict on others.
These are some of the bad beats whose importance lies above all in the moment in which they occur.
AA vs. AA. WSOP 2014 tournament THE BIG ONE FOR ONE DROP
The most expensive tournament in the world with an entry price of 1 million dollars does not seem the appropriate scenario to suffer a setback of these characteristics.
With 18 players remaining Cary Katz with AA and Connor Drinan with AA went all in preflop.
4 hearts on the board would eliminate Drinan and be out of prizes.
The probability when both put all their chips in the center is 96% for the Split or tie and only 4% of victory for one of the two.
A hand that no one will ever forget, obviously with a different meaning.
WSOP ME 2010. 41M pot with 15 players remaining
Matt Affleck AA and Jonathan Duhamel JJ star in this hand that would ultimately make it easier for the second to enter the final table as chip leader. As if that were not enough, the Canadian would win the tournament, so this jackpot at that precise moment is invaluable.
They both get all in on the turn with a 1097Q board after Duhamel’s call and a 79% chance to win the hand for Affleck to a 21% chance for his opponent with just one card to go.
The river brought an 8 and the tragedy was consummated.
A 41M pot that certainly shortened the path to victory at the WSOP 2010.
Seeing good old Matt after losing his hand is heartbreaking.
WSOP ME 2011. AA vs. A6
Max Heinzelmann A6 and Shaun Deeb AA in some terrifying first-hand action wiped out all their chips in the 2011 WSOP main event when the American instantly called a 6-bet all-in.
The percentages gave 93% for Deeb to 6% for his opponent.
A 6 on the flop and the deadly 6 on the river awarded the worst play of the tournament by many.
It is one of the charms of poker. It can always happen. Although Deeb takes little comfort in knowing.
WSOP ME 2010. Cheong vs. Candio or the irrelevance of the percentages
The American Joseph Cheong and the Italian Filippo Candio starred in one of the craziest hands of the tournament on its eighth day of competition.
Candio with 75 and Cheong black aces, AA.
The Italian made a heavily criticized call on a 566 flop after Cheong’s all-in announcement. 87% / 13% at the time for the aces.
The outcome is worthy of any cruel screenwriter. 8 on the turn and 4 on the river give Filipo a pot of 26.8M which was the chip leader at the time.
Candio’s reaction after that 4 savior is not wasted.
WPT BAY 101. 2005. Or how 0.5% is enough
Danny Nguyen and Shandor Szentkuti, at the final table of the tournament, are the protagonists of a historic comeback after a flop that almost, just almost, declared the hand doomed.
Nguyen with A7 and Shandor with AK. They get all in preflop.
The dealer folds the first three K55 cards. At that time Shandor’s hand was a 99.5% to 0.5% favorite.
Roll of drums and…
Turn 7 and river 7 !!!
The Vietnamese continued to destroy the statistics in a tremendous final table to finally win the title and the million dollars destined for the winner.
Have you been fascinated by the wonderful world of poker along with the not so desired bad beats from it? Is your moment! If you want to feel the excitement of being able to play a live tournament, you can do it with Sportium through our satellites.v