Basketball is one of the most attractive sports in the world. In fact, only tennis and soccer outweigh his interest in Spain. Be it the spotlights and lights of the NBA or a more mundane sport such as the ACB or the Euroleague, it is very important to know all the rules of the game, including the regulatory measurements of the basketball court.
Knowing this data is especially relevant if you want to place basketball bets, but even if it is not like that and you are simply a spectator, it does not hurt to know what the dimensions of a basketball court are. But… How big is a basketball court, according to FIBA and NBA? The size of a basketball court differs slightly depending on whether we are talking about FIBA or the NBA.
In the case of FIBA, a basketball court has a size of 28×15, while in the NBA it is 28.65×15.24, somewhat longer. In addition, around the four lines must be left at least 2 meters of space without obstacles.
Measurements and dimensions of the basketball court: In detail
To comply with the regulation, all basketball courts must comply with the following measures, dimensions and spaces of all lines:
- The lines of the basketball court have to be the same color, with a width of 5 centimeters
- Central line: this mark will extend 15 centimeters on each side, and will be located 14 cm from each bottom line
- Free kicks: The outer edge of this line parallel to the end line will be located 5.80m from the inside edge of the end line and will be 3.60m long
- Free throw corridor: They will be semicircles with a radius of 1.80, with the center at the midpoint of the free throw lines.
- About 1.80m in radius which, according to the legal dimensions of the basketball court, will also share the central circle
- 3-point zone: In the NBA it will be 7.24 meters from the basket, in FIBA 6.75m
As you will have seen, although FIBA and NBA have tended to unify the regulations of the sport, as well as the measurements of the basketball courts, there are still some differences.
SHOW THAT YOU ALREADY KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT BASKETBALL!
Basketball backboard regulations and their measurements
The basket is the grace of basketball, and as expected, the regulations establish very precise rules regarding its characteristics. Both in the NBA and in FIBA, 1.80 meters wide and 1.05 meters vertical are established for the board, as well as the lower edge must be 290 centimeters from the ground. The measurements of the basketball backboard also establish that they will be transparent, or, failing that, painted white.
On the other hand, basketball hoops must be located at a height of 3.05 meters, and will have 45 centimeters in diameter. Ultimately, the basketball regulations also establish that the ceiling will be at least 7 meters high, and that the track must be illuminated conveniently, but above all evenly.
The largest basketball courts in the world
Regardless of the regulation size of the basketball court… What are the stadiums with the highest capacity in the NBA?
- United Center, of the Chicago Bulls, with capacity for 20,917 spectators, is the largest stadium in the competition
- Madison Square Garden, from the Knicks, with a capacity of 20,789 people
- The Rocket Mortgage FieldHouse of the Cleveland Cavaliers, with a capacity of 20,562
- The Little Caesars Arena, of the Detroit Pistons, with a capacity for 20,491 people
- The Wells Fargo Center of the Philadelphia 76ers, which can hold 20,478 spectators
How to master basketball betting?
Apart from knowing everything related to basketball regulations, including also the measurements of the courts, etc., it is important to follow some precepts if you do not want to fail when betting:
- Take advantage of all the data at your fingertips: It is vital to know the moment of form of the participating teams, their latest results, the status of the players, their career, the H2H or even the impact of the pitch or motivation factor
- Take advantage of all the markets at your fingertips. Especially if there is a big difference between two teams, handicap or handicap bets are highly recommended. Betting on point ranges can be very interesting in more even matches
Consider betting on quarters or halves, where the markets can become much more interesting.